Thursday, January 24th
2019 Outlook: What Will the Coming Year Hold for Transportation and Logistics?
2018 was a turbulent year. What will the coming year hold, and how can you position for growth and success in 2019?
- Ken Beyer – Executive Vice President, Ingram Micro
- Denis Reilly – President & CEO, Kenco
- Jeff Rogers – CEO, Universal Logistics Holdings
- Tom Schmitt – President, CEO & Director, Forward Air Corporation
Niche Winners: Leaders in Specialty Segments Share their Views
Who are some of the niche leaders in logistics? What are they doing, and what can you learn? Hear from CEOs of companies in areas like reverse logistics, cold-chain logistics, electronic recycling, and other specialty segments.
- Duane Coghlan – Managing Partner, Traffix
- John Ferguson – President & CEO, Purolator Inc.
- Greg Lehmkuhl – President & CEO, Lineage Logistics
- Ira Tauber – President, TRIOSE, Inc.
The BGSA 2019 “Supply Chain Shark Tank”
Participants may present innovative concepts in the field of Transportation, Supply Chain, and Logistics to potential customers, mentors and investors. Apply to be featured as one of 6 companies in the BGSA Supply Chain Shark Tank!
- Jack Holmes – Vice Chairman, Emerge (former President, UPS Freight)
- Rob Howard – President, Consensus (a Target Corporation)
- Herb Shear – Chairman, Shear Family Office
Dealmaking in the Supply Chain Market: Who is Winning and How?
We saw an increase in deal activity in 2018. Merger and acquisition activity in the industry is growing. Amidst all the market changes, what kinds of deals will be completed in 2019? What kinds of strategies make sense? Should you buy, sell, merge, raise capital, or pursue other scenarios? Hear from top CEOs and practitioners on current deal approaches.
- Bob Farrell – CEO, GlobalTranz
- Doug Waggoner – Chairman & CEO, Echo Global Logistics
Voice of the Customer
How are your customers’ businesses evolving, and how can you anticipate their future needs? Discover what supply chain logistics challenges lay ahead for your clients, and what they expect you to provide for them, now and in the future.
- Frank Diaz – Vice President Supply Chain, PriceSmart, Inc.
- Tom Lee – SVP Supply Chain, Spartan Nash
- John Lund – Former Chief Supply Chain Officer, Chico’s FAS, Inc. and Disney
- Chris Sultemeier – EVP of Logistics, Walmart (Retired)
Friday, January 25th
State of the Industry: Logistics Perspective
What innovations are top logistics companies pursuing in 2019? What is happening in truck brokerage, warehousing, freight forwarding, and value-added services?
- John Burke – CEO, Armada
- John E. Carr – President & CEO, MIQ Logistics
- Michael J. Gardner – President & CEO, Kane
- Tom Madine – CEO, Worldwide Express
Supply Chain Technologies: What’s New and Exciting?
What are the leading supply chain technology companies doing to expand their services and markets in 2019? How does technology drive business and improvements? What is the value of technology in logistics?
- Andrew J. Leto – Executive Chairman, Emerge
- Edward Ryan – CEO, The Descartes Systems Group Inc.
- Lior Sion – CTO, Bringg
- Mitch Weseley – CEO, 3Gtms
State of the Industry: Trucking Perspective
Will we continue to see a capacity shortage in 2019? Are trucking companies investing in new equipment? How are companies responding to environmental issues and new engine requirements? What will change in 2019? What are the smartest trucking companies doing to pursue growth?
- Nick Gowen – SVP or Transportation, JB Hunt Transport
- Darren Hawkins – President & CEO, YRC Worldwide
- Dennis Morgan – President, Cowan Systems
- Paul Svindland – CEO, Celadon Group Inc.
John E. Carr, President & CEO, MIQ Logistics
Alejandro Castro, Managing Director, North America, CEVA Logistics
Ann Drake, Chairman & CEO, DSC Logistics
Ed Feitzinger, Vice President, Global Logistics, Amazon
John Ferguson, President & CEO, SCI Logistics
Gotthard Haug, CEO, Teleplan International
Raymond J. Garcia, Executive Chairman, Network Global Logistics
Mark D. Gordon, President & CEO, Odyssey Marine Exploration
Jim Hertwig, President & CEO, Florida East Coast Railway
John Hextall, President & CEO North America, Kuehne + Nagel Inc.
Cindy Miller, President of Global Freight Forwarding, UPS
Brad Jacobs, Chairman & CEO, XPO Logistics
Todd Johnson, Global Vice President 3PL Global Business Unit, JDA Software
Derek Leathers, President & COO, Werner Enterprises
Christopher Logan, President, Livingston U.S.A., Livingston International
Tom Madine, CEO, Worldwide Express
Judy R. McReynolds, President & CEO, ArcBest Corporation
Craig Mygatt, CEO, SeaLand
Richard Phillips Jr., CeO, Pilot Freight Services
Jim Ritchie, President & CEO, RedStone Logistics, LLC
Jeff Rogers, CEO, Universal Truckload Services, Inc.
Paul Svindland, CEO, Celadon
Gene Tyndall, Executive Vice President, Tompkins International
Ed Ryan, CEO, The Descartes Systems Group Inc.
Paul T. Verst, President & CEO, Verst Group Logistics
Douglas Waggoner, Chief Executive Officer, Echo Global Logistics
James Welch, Chief Executive Officer, YRC Worldwide
Matt Yearling, Chief Executive Officer, PINC